St. Patrick's Day


Happy St. Patrick's Day from Ms. Lenahan's 1st Grade

What TEACHERS won't do for their little ones. This morning I was up at the crack off dawn and off to our local Wal Mart for some St. Pat's cupcakes.  All of the teachers in my parish must have beaten me to it, but luckily FOR ME there were a few 12 count containers of green and white iced cupcakes along with the standard green shamrock rings.  As I went to the checkout I noticed one set of our cupcakes was missing a ring!  OMGosh!  You know if you are teaching firsties you positively know that is a major problem!  I quickly went back to the bakery, with only one set of cupcakes left, I was able to snatch up the last set which had all 12 rings accounted for.  24 cupcakes plus 24 shamrock rings = 24 happy firsties!  Thank goodness luck was on my side!  
You can see some scrumptious cookies sent by one of our darling grandmother's.   
 I free-handed the shamrock templates and the kids decorated them.  Shown are their shamrocks they decorated with torn bits of varied shades of green copy and construction paper.
After eating our cupcakes the children showcased their shamrock rings along with their beaded bracelets.  This year instead of pinning a shamrock badge to each child, the child selected 4 beads in various shades of green and strung them onto curling ribbon and I tied each one to their little wrists.
This was way cooler than wearing a shamrock badge!  (We talked about finding a four leaf clover and that is why we chose to use 4 green beads.)





No comments:

Post a Comment